Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And I guess that's that.

So I gave my notice today. I didn’t mean to; it just happened. One minute my boss was telling me I needed to help the receptionist distribute faxes, and next thing you know I’m yelling, “YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN PUT THOSE BLOODY FAXES?! LET ME SHOW YOU.” And so it progressed until I punched her in the face, roaring with maniacal laughter.

Okay, that’s just how it happened in my head. In real life, it went more like this:

Boss (caring hand on shoulder): You’ve been quieter than usual. Is there anything going on I can help you with?

Me (apparently having been slipped a truth serum): Crap, yeah, okay, I’m moving to London in October for a year of traveling abroad and my last day is going to be around mid-September.

Boss: Oh my.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

see you in london - oh well - maybe somewhere before that!

Lisa Y said...

Are you kidding me? Your blog is filled with super awesome funk... I love it. Now... humm is this move about a boy? I sure hope so. I know what you mean about a Uterus shirt :) one of my Denver art friends got me a uterus shirt before I left! Nothing better. I'm bummed I can't keep up while in Myanmar. I'll check in when I can. Thanks for the laughs.

Gina said...

Wonderful news! Only, my way would have been to wait until October 1at to give notice. Way to go!

MezzoCO said...

1. FREAKIN A. Awesome.

AND

2. You should see the new movie out right now "wanted" b/c there is a killer scene in in where the main dude just WAILS on his boss...giving her a big F*CK you. It's amazing, actually.

Anonymous said...

Hoorah!

deee said...

london's so faaaaaar!
way to go roni

Philip Metting van Rijn said...

fo real?!

LatinaDiana said...

UK.. here I come!!! We can play real life Carmen Sandiego... you leave me clues until I find you... and as I get closer and closer I can hear you going, "BOW! BOW! BOW!"

wow.. what a dream come true

bryslove said...

OMG!!! for real??? congratulations!!! do you leave for london in mid-september? how effin' cool is this!!! wow. have you told our mom yet? she'll be 1) disappointed, 2)excited she has someone to show her around london and 3)finally excited for you. LOL. wow!