Seriously, people. I canNOT come up with a good name for my London blog. I sent out a mass text my last weekend in San Francisco soliciting help, and of course all the great ideas that came back were TAKEN. Oh, yes. And by people who have done this. Or this. Then the lightbulb came on: The Daily Drizzle! Brilliant name for a blog, isn't it?? Except someone else has already done it and killed it and it has been removed from blogger forever. Then of course you have variations on The View theme: we have this hilarity (which I secretly wish had been carried on) and also this. Please note that all of these blogs died within a post or two, and all several years ago (this is also the only reason I feel free to poke a little fun. These bloggers have obviously not grown attached to their works). BUT THESE ARE THE PEOPLE PREVENTING ME FROM GENIUS. I'm convinced of it. I was going to produce something heartbreaking, and staggering, and now...I'm choked off, like a rose surrounded by weeds. Weeds with really great names.
Any ideas would of course not only be appreciated, but humped beyond oblivion. And totally worthy of a care package from London consisting of pub coasters and a British tabloid. Please. Help me jump the gap. (And yes, that's been taken, too.)
2 comments:
that's a name right there for ya:
"Pub coasters and tabloids"
...got a nice ring to it, eh?
Why not poke fun at their silly coloquialisms?
ie, monty python and fawlty towers
for instance:
ex-patsy
under the bonnet
the loo review
cheerios are not just cereal
or, a particular favorite from the british slang dictionary, "all fur coat and no knickers."
Post a Comment