I'm not gonna lie: I'm freaking about to wet my twittering pantalones. How twittering minimizes a city:
Me to Tanya at local wine-and-dessert lounge: "Hold on, I'm Twittering."
Maggie (who I twitter-stalk) twitters: " Tasting menu at the new neighborhood dessert bar. Stranger next to us just said, "Hold on, I'm Twittering."
Me (gets Maggie's twitter via Lea Ann a minute after leaving said dessert bar), beelines straight back: "Host! Find me a Maggie somewhere in that corner!"
Host (after a confused look): "Do you want to go look for her yourself?"
Me: "I haven't actually met her."
Host (even more confused look): "...Okay."
... and some research: "There is your Maggie."
Me, about to trip over my feet to get to her: "Holy crap, Maggie, I worship your twitterground. I freaking twitterstalk you."
Me: ..more embarrassing confessions...
Me: ...more embarrassing know-too-much-about-Maggie-confessions...
Maggie: (pretending not to be freaked out; very gracious)
Me: (trying not to lick her face in excitement; she is my twittermessiah)
Maggie: (still pretending not to be freaked out at the girl trembling with excitement before her; very gracious) "Maybe we'll see you around the neighborhood sometime!"
Me, still about to pee my twitterpants: Uh huh! Yeah! For sure!
Me: (trying to leave her to her private evening while secretly wanting to climb into her lap, never to leave again, wanting to shriek, "Let's be bff's!") Leaves bar, trying to maintain long-gone composure...
Maggie twitters: " Holy shit. Small city. Turns out Sherona was the stranger who was Twittering. Sherona is the nicest "stalker" in town."
I think we're going to be SUPER close friends. I can tell. I wonder if she needs a nanny...
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't say I wouldn't be the exact same way if I were to ever be lucky enough to stumble upon the great and powerful Maggie. I twitterstalk her too.
I'm sooooo confused about all this twittering stuff. Oy!
This is hilarious. I clearly need to start using Twitter. Oh, and move to better city.
Since Maggie is my cousin, I can say that she is totally awesome. AND she is ALWAYS gracious. You could do worse in the stalking department. :)
I saw this twitter feed when it happened and my friends and I started talking about what a small world it really is. Very cool.
I love this story. Loving a blogger from afar is awkward, no? I also live in SF and sometimes worry that if I run into Maggie, I might do something totally uncool, like, faint. ;)
Post a Comment