Saturday, September 6, 2008

Frankie's Bohemian Cafe


Wednesday night I hit up Frankie's Bohemian Cafe, San Francisco's most European bar, only a few short blocks from my apartment. I've been here for drinks before, but tonight my goal was different: I wanted to try their signature brambory, a Polish/Czech dish composed of a shredded potato and zucchini pancake with your choice of toppings, all covered with mozzarella cheese.


My first Kusovice...it's apparently a Czech pilsner of some sort. SO GOOD.

This brambory had chicken breast, grilled bell peppers, and (light) garlic pesto. It was everything I dreamed it would be...and so much more.



Carnitas pork mixed with pico de gallo, sour cream, and a sprinkle of cheddar. It was a little taste of heaven, not gonna lie.

I'm totally going to have to return soon to try the steak and guacamole one...I can't stop thinking about it...please let me know if you're interested--and if you're lucky, I'll even let you have a bite.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the brambory - stop in there often when jay's at his doctor's appts!

Lizzie said...

OH. MY. GOD.

I must find this in New York.

I can't believe this has existed for the entirety of my 26 years and I'm only learning about it now!

I feel betrayed by my dead Eastern European ancestors, who clearly forgot to bring me this in a dream. or something. though, if they have these in heaven (and I'm assuming they do), I'm sure they're too busy eating them ALL THE TIME to visit me in my dreams.