Saturday, September 13, 2008

I can't tell if it's a gift or a curse.

So a couple of weeks ago, somebody got ahold of my debit card number. Just my number, mind you, not the card itself, which is still sitting in my purse. And they already knew my address, which is comforting.

Then they proceeded to sign me up for all sorts of subscription memberships. I got a movie subscription, a lotion subscription, a coffee subscription. And items started arriving for me in the mail: soaps, lotions, coffee machines and tumblers, along with invoices notifying me that I would get charged again for the next shipment in 30 days, 60 days, etc.

I of course have since called all of the services, cancelling the memberships and receiving full refunds for what they had already charged me. All of the customer service agents were kind and understanding, always apologizing profusely and telling me to keep the 'gifts' that were already sent. And as I look around at all of my new, unsolicited items, I can't help but think, 'why couldn't this asshole get me a WINE membership?'

3 comments:

MezzoCO said...

HA ha ha ha hah ahahhahahaha

AHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAha

oh man....funny...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH

Anonymous said...

are you sure you didn't do yourself (supplies for uk?)

Lizzie said...

Listen, I know you're moving across an ocean soon, and probably can't take all of the things you have ALREADY...so, in case you need to get some of those shiny new coffee machines or lotions off your hands, please feel free to airdrop them onto my apartment building as you pass by on your way to London-town.