-The Cheese Steak Shop on Divis (between Bush and Sutter). I know, I know--San Francisco's best cheesesteaks, and only 7 blocks from my apartment for the last four years. What is WRONG with me??
-Palencia on 17th (between Noe and Sanchez in the Castro): upscale filipino, recently rated Best of the Bay for...Best Upscale Filipino? I can't remember. But I'm sure the award will be posted in their window or bathroom or something.
-Lolo on 22nd (between Mission and Valencia) for Mediterranean-Mexican fusion. I'm enlisting my coworker Bea to come with me here since she lives nearby... (lucky!)
-Piqueo on Cortland--a five minute bus from work, but a 45 minute bus for anybody else...but recently rated the best peruvian in San Francisco! Move over, Fresca!
-Brunch at Lime (on Market between 15th and 16th): all you can drink mimosas for only $7 on Sundays! Who wants to get in line with me at ten and wait for a table?? I mean, I know I'll have to skip a Sunday at church and all...but I'm willing to make the sacrifice. * heavy-hearted sigh at the burden I have to bear *
And of course I want to do one last meal at Chapeau! and Dottie's True Blue Cafe...alas...so many places, so little time...
In the meantime, I've recently hit Bar Tartine (holy watermelon gazpacho of the gods! and a roasted nectarine dessert that made me want to curl up and die), A La Turca (photo below), and Gialina's, where the three pizzas ordered didn't even come close to everything I wanted to try on the menu...think 'summer squash and ricotta,' 'portabello with truffle cheese,' and 'pork belly with taleggio.' The menu is seasonal and rolls fast...I could definitely do this place weekly and never tire of the offerings.
Gialina's: on Diamond Street, across from the Glen Park Bay Area Rapid Transit station.
6 comments:
You're making me hungry. I may have to visit your city if only check out the good restaurants!
mmmm...all sound so yummy and perfect! maybe lime brunch can be scratched off this sunday avec moi et mon amie?
Let's hit up the cheesesteak post-mini bar!!! brilliant??? yes!!!!
also: LOVE chapeau. seriously. one of my fave sf restaurants. good choice. how did we not know that about each other????
cool list - love lolo - have fun and i'll see you at canteen (or before at f.b.?)
Keep Cheese Steak at the top of your list...don't laugh but I have the cheese steak stamp card. One more cheese steak and I get the next one FREE!!
Chapeau is right by my house...I'm just saying...I could be there in 5 mins
Drats! Don't think I can wait in line with you at Lime...can't miss church, but I can meet you after...I'm sure you'll still be there drinking mimosas at noon.
Some many places, so little time....sniff, sniff, sniff...
I'm suddenly feeling very sad that you're leaving. Weird, no? I guess I can relate to that feeling of not having fully enjoyed the place where you live until the time to leave is approaching. Enjoy! I wish I could be there for a few of the meals.
Post a Comment