Monday, August 4, 2008

And these are a few of my favorite things...

So last Wednesday found me visiting my favorite pastry chef for a little hit of her baby yum, and not only did I walk away with the next season of Friends (I am apparently doing a Friends marathon before I leave the country. It's like some deep, dark, subconscious place feels that if I watch EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, IN ORDER, I'll have my Americanity officially locked in before I head to the land of bangers and mash, where I will attempt to avoid Corruption by Ketchup), but I also scored a pair of boots and a loaf of banana nut bread. Oh, yes: Friends, shoes, and fresh-baked bread. Can life get any better than this? I think not. All of my favorite things, just sitting in my lap, begging me to bliss out.

Also, is it bad that I ate almost the entire loaf in one sitting? Slathered in butter? And moaning Sara's name?

1 comment:

LatinaDiana said...

Tobias: [as Mrs. Featherbottom] Okay, who'd like a banger in the mouth?[laughs] Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.

Michael: We just call it a sausage.