So there's this weird thing about blog postings, where the longer I go between posts, the more grandiose I feel my comeback needs to be. Like, somehow it needs to just REALLY be something, something DEFINITELY worth the wait, because look, it's been two weeks, I've obviously been brewing something huge.
And then there's the reality:
-I have an uncalled-for month to train my replacement at work. Job training that realistically could take place in...three and a half hours. But I have so carefully established myself as someone indispensable that my company is convinced that it will take my replacement six years to learn what I do. How do I break it to them after five years that...a monkey could do my job? And what do I do with this poor, helpless shadow following me around my entire last month? "So...now that we've exhausted our day's worth of work by nine a.m., this is how I blog..."
-I have no internet at home. This isn't a new issue; in fact, this internet embargo has been in place since late spring. But I continue not to pay for cable or dial-up because one, I have no t.v., two, I have no landline, and three, I'm convinced that ANY MINUTE the free wireless is going to kick in again. Go, Free the Net, go, says the hare to the turtle.
-My brain is sapped totally dry. I'll finally get an internet moment at work: my trainee has left for lunch, my boss is in a meeting, and I have a blissfully unsupervised half hour. Do I get out a quick post? No. My brain is shot, and I have to create a mega-super-post because it's been too long between drinks.
And so here I am at last, posting from the Ko's couch where I'm chillin' for the evening...the twins are down and quiet, 'Friends' is muted on the t.v. and waiting for my return, and the internet is at my fingertips...and so I post. I break the long silence and I post. Just because I can.
I miss you. There will be more soon--I finally have some pictures uploaded and ready to roll.
Love.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just FYI...we enjoy YOU. Don't worry about the perfect post...there is no such thing:)
Let the random and infrequent posts FLY!!!!
:)
yes indeed! welcome back.
*between sobs* i miss you... off to go get some dick from hubby
*as i'm dragged away* i miss youuuuuu
Post a Comment