And while I'm in the mood to chat...I'm getting my wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow. Not all of them. Just two. I couldn't afford all four as I am currently attempting to save for London. In fact, the only reason I'm getting two done is because I know they'll impact as soon as I don't have dental insurance anymore. How about that for a good reason? I basically eenie- meenie- miny- moed which two to pull, and am hoping the dice isn't thrown against me next year. I was * thisclose * to flipping a coin over the issue, but thought that would just be frivolous.
So the oral surgeon gives me these painkillers on my last visit. I told him what I took after my last surgery (seven years ago), so he prescribes me a double-strength version for this one. Nice, right? My little heart gave a pitterpatter of anticipation, not gonna lie. I envisioned lying there in a daze, sunlight floating around me, poppies flitting across my vision as I drifted off to an opiate slumber...And then two days ago, I had a migraine. I thought, 'boo yaw, check it out, perfect reason to sample these bad boys!' (As if I needed a reason.) And what happens? It jazzes me out. I'm up until midnight reading, frantically turning the pages, foot bouncing on the bedspread, my insides racing like I just mainlined speed. Part of me thought, "this would be TIGHT during the workday," but then the other, bigger part of me, thought, "there's no WAY I'm taking this again. And why am I doing jumping jacks?"
In the meantime, I'm curious what the meds could do for my blog posting (that is, if I am desperate enough to take another one, which is currently up for debate)...apologies in advance if it gets all kerou(wh)ackian on here. Nobody wants a stream of consciousness trickling down their leg.
P.S. I hope they give me my teeth in a jar. I want to give them to somebody--I'm not sure who yet--as a going-away gift, and hoping that guilt will induce him or her to keep them forever, hating me all the while. The card will read: "Here's a little piece of me, to hold close to you. Remember me always."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You have a sick since of humour. I love it!
Also - those meds sound mighty fine... or mighty strange, either way...
Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow :)
good luck with the surgery and i do hope that dee enjoys your going away gift!
good luck with the surgery and i do hope that dee enjoys your going away gift!
Well I hope that ALISON enjoys your going away gift! Not it! Not it!
...hey, man...what if the teeth were strung into a necklace, or a nice matching pair of earrings ...?
Post a Comment