Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Madly Culling


(kids at play)

For the second night in a row I find myself at long last plowing through my Spain photos...only five short months after my trip last October. I've noticed one thing, though--after about two and a half hours, I want to bludgeon myself and then fling my camera out the window, never to be abused again.

(old man at play)


I'm going through over 3000 pictures here. A coworker of mine calculated that this means I took one photo every 4.5 waking minutes of my trip. Now I find myself 'madly culling' these photos, just mass-highlighting and deleting at random. I don't even feel like opening these files. And all of the plazas and cathedrals are pretty much an auto-dump in Ronaworld. You've seen one...you've seen 'em all.

(artists at play)

And so it goes...

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Hiya!

Thanks much for your very groovy and encouraging comment! Until very recently, I've never let anyone read my more serious attempts at writing before. (I don’t count my rants, witty commentary or faboo to-do lists) “Bouncer” was – IS -- my project that I began during Gwen’s recent October writing challenge. 6 began, 4 stuck with it. I'm 2/3 the way through but had to take a break for a while as my easel was feeling a wee bit neglected...

What you read was actually the fourth excerpt just, y'know, in case you were wondering...

:)

-DD

By the way, I really enjoy your blog!

Gina said...

Several months after a trip to Alaska, I developed a huge stack of negatives that my then-beau took. It took me years to sort through them, and I ended up keeping about 1/12 of what had paid to develop. Nice waste of money.

deee said...

must see more Spain photos!!!

You have to finish them before you go to London or else all hell will break loose and it will be even more overwhelming!