Sunday, April 20, 2008

You Feel Like Heaven to Touch


What is this a photo of? you ask. A neck model? Why yes, yes it is. Thank you for noticing. But even more than that? It is a photo of my new scarf! This flawless beauty was knit by Gina out of bamboo/soy silk and not only is it the SOFTEST MATERIAL IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, it is also my new favorite article of clothing. I wear it to work, to parties, to bed, in the shower...There's no removing this slice of perfection from my person.

I remember the one time I tried to make a scarf. Half of it was a tighter stitch than the other half and it spiraled up like a slinky and you can tell if it were a man it'd be the sort to drink 40s from the back of a pickup truck. You can tell if Beautiful Blue were human, she'd be a sweet, graceful ballerina who feeds orphans in her spare time.

I am so in love with Gina for making this for me. And getting an unexpected package at work, notably with something this amazing inside, was like a total hit of a happy drug and made me all looped out with pleasure for days. And don't even get me started on the moleskine also tucked inside...It's LIKE SHE KNOWS MY WEAKNESSES.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my goodness sharona - you need some sun!

deee said...

... I wanna hold you so much, At long last love has arrived, And I thank God I'm aliiiiiiive, You're just too good to be truuuuuue...

love the scarf!

Gina said...

LOL! I do know your weaknesses, and I'm not ashamed to prey on them. I'm so glad you like the scarf.