I told my college professor/mama that I would write her a story this week. Now you must understand in advance that I am NOT a writer, and I am CERTAINLY not a CREATIVE writer. This story is just intended to be a brain exercise. Because I feel like maybe I will stagnate if my life consists of little more than what I do every day from 8 - 5. And writing a story is one of the hardest challenges I could give myself. So I emailed Alexandra asking for a story idea and received the following:
“So there’s this old woman. Let’s call her Edna. She’s spent her whole life dreaming of going to see the pyramids. It’s been a fantasy for so long that it’s become like this weird symbolic thing that is only real in her mind. So finally one day she decides to go on the Price is Right and gets all the way to the end, the “showcase showdown” as they say, and the grand prize is a trip to Egypt. But she loses and ends up with second prize, an RV. Although she’s devastated about losing the trip to Egypt, she soon comes to realize that Egypt doesn’t really exist anyway so she spends the rest of her days cruising happily around the beautiful and majestic USA in her RV. The end. P.S. she dies when she gets to North Dakota. Not sure why.”
1 comment:
favorite line = "Not sure why."
Post a Comment