Sunday, March 30, 2008

Deee's Birthday at St. George

Last Wednesday was Deee's birthday! We went to St. George Spirits for a tour of the distillery and a tasting. At first I was concerned about the 'tour' aspect, as the distillery is just one giant warehouse and you can see the entire thing from the tasting room. But luckily we had a pour of Hangar One in our hands, and at that point, everything became interesting.

This is absinthe. As far as I can tell, it involves a bit of bird seed and some black jelly beans. I can see why it was illegal for so long.


So little time...



This appeared to be the only source of water in the entire place. This is where Deee taught me my new motto: 'hydrate to dominate.'



4 comments:

LatinaDiana said...

Deee is the total Dalai Lama of distillery bliss... the patron saint of inebriation... the Lord of the Living Room... perhaps i've gone too far

"hydrate to dominate" will be the mantra of my bachelorette experience

as Elek would say, "sha shum" (that's awesome... as if there were any question)

deee said...

I have to admit that I borrowed that line from a Philly friend of mine.

And it comes in handy way too often.

Brian Triplett said...

real real purdy

Gina said...

From the looks of it, hydrating with water is not this place's strong suit at all. Deee is so cute!