Tuesday, March 18, 2008

That's Just the Way It Is.

I can only get in and out of my bed from one side of it. I don't know why this is, it just is. The problem, of course, is that the side that I must enter and exit from is the far side. As a result, when I get up fifteen times in the middle of the night to adjust my heater settings (super on or super off, I have zero sense of moderation), I have to circumnavigate my entire bed. Like this:

I cannot just climb out the right side, walk the two steps to my heater, and then climb back in. No. I must climb out the left, walk around my entire bed, and then return the same way. Sometimes at bedtime if I'm feeling wild and crazy, I'll climb in on the Wrong Side and it's a total rush, like I'm losin' control, like I'm leaping onto my bed from the top of my desk ten feet away. I giggle to myself, and then climb out again, just for another hit.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Is this love talking?

LatinaDiana said...

i knew it... you're totally having sex with a ghost and rolling "through" him would just be awkward