Wednesday, October 3, 2007

¿Donde Esta La Basura?

I am having a HECK of a time trying to figure out where the trash can is in Mama Teresa´s house. There isn´t one in the typical places--the bathroom, under the kitchen sink, or in either bedroom. And trust me when I say I have SEARCHED. Mostly when she´s sleeping. And every time I ask her ¨¿Donde esta la basura?¨, she insists on taking whatever trash I am holding and discarding it personally. To this day, day three here, I still have no idea where to discard my used kleenex. Now it´s like a game I play, testing to see how much she´ll be willing to take. And so far, she´s totally winning. I´ve secretly started putting my trash in a plastic bag I have in my suitcase, to be discarded in a dumpster streetside upon departure. WHO´S GONNA WIN THE TRASH GAME THEN?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try giving her a leaky bottle of orange juice to throw away. Then you can just follow the trail and voila "La basura esta aqui!"