Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Men of Portugal

There are many Africans in Lisboa. Perhaps due to its proximity to Africa? But I am not one to conjencture. And many of the African men in Lisboa--not to generalize but to speak generally--have made a past-time of sitting on walls and hollering at the girls who pass. They appear to have the best jobs possible, as I often wish I could sit on walls and holler at men. Notably here, where the Portuguese men are beautiful. But in a fairy-esque, caramel-eyed, long-lashed, smaller-than-I-am sorta way. I fancied putting one in my pocket to take home and share with the girls. I would give him a small pet bed with his name on the top, and buy him teeny tiny pantalones (as mine would sag on his petite frame). I shall call him Hada, and he shall be mine.

3 comments:

MezzoCO said...

HOW earth can they be smaller than you? You are teeny tiny!! I guess if I were there, I would smoosh them all hahahahah

Gina said...

I love the description of the men. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

well sounds like you're having a lovely time!