But I could be wrong. I often am. What I mean to say is, ´this is my last day at Mama Teresa´s, where I have access to a beautiful dsl line.´ I´m returning to Madrid tonight! I´m going to spend my last two days in Spain there for two reasons: one, because the policia are taking me to a real-live Madridian club, and two, the embassy is closing Thursday afternoon until, say, November, because of some bizarre Spanish holiday similar to Canada´s Boxing Day, a holiday nobody QUITE understands but everybody wants to celebrate BECAUSE THEY CAN. As a result of which, I have to scoot my rear over there first thing Thursday morning to pick up the passport they FORGOT TO MAIL TO VIGO, or I´m stranded here for a few more glorious weeks. (hmmmm...) I will try to get online there, but that involves going to a ¨Chinese Store,¨which is not to be confused with a store that sells Chinese people (a mistake I first made), but rather, as the Spanish describe it, ¨a store that has everything.¨And they don´t mean wal-mart. They mean, ´computers and phones and lime green walls and mysterious booths covered in anime.´ These ¨Chinese Stores¨ are unmarked and you would only know them by the fact that there is one every two feet, and it has huge flourescent Chinese posters on the door, NOT advertising the Chinese people it is NOT selling. But the idea of closing myself into a lime green anime booth to get online seems, well, slightly illicit. And while the idea may secretly thrill me, it may not be enough to get me in there, purell in hand.
And so for now I say farewell, and see you all soon!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment