Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Catch and Run and Throw Ball

So Sunday's superbowl party had Josh (friend of Deee and Brian--and ladies, before you ask, he's mawwied) and I attempting to re-name football, as very little of the game is spent actually KICKING and the term also has very unappealing American-centric connotations. We have it in a current toss-up between Gutenball (we're hoping Germany will be the first international contingent) or Catch and Run and Throw Ball, which, you know, flows nicely and says a lot. We found ourselves hollering at the many fumbles: "Come ON, this is Catch and Run and Throw Ball! GET WITH IT!"

Natalie--the most knowledgeable football fan in the room--made the world's BEST lil' smokies using a recipe from cerca 1977, down to the slow-cookin' marinade of ketchup and grape jelly, which surprisingly enough will have you eating so many lil' smokies you WILL never eat again. Ever. In fact it's Tuesday, and I'm still riding high. I see them when I close my eyes, I see them when I nod off at work, I see them on the sides of buses...I canna stop the Lil' Smokey Dream.

And if you want to know the REAL reason I chose Deee's party, aside from undying love and devotion, it's because I knew it would be a room full of artists and musicians. (Read: nobody who gives a flyin' lick about Gutenball). I wasn't lookin' for a party full of shushers and diehards yelling at screens, loyalties and stats raging. ("No flying hot dogs," as a friend aptly put it.) Please note where half of the party spent their time, and the proximity to the food:

And of course, the view...

I get first dibs when they sell, just for the record.

4 comments:

Ohmygoshko.com said...

I thought I made it very clear concerning how I feel about you having beautiful friends. Shame on you!!!!

ngieck said...

Yay for Gutenball! The "bowl" was fun but the food was the highlight thats for sure. I need the body cleanse after the 4 straight hours of eating!

josh said...

i say for catch-and-run-and-throw-bowl XLIII we do saltwater shots at all lame commercials. i'll try to find us a house with five or six bathrooms.

LatinaDiana said...

hahahhaaa this reminds me of Cat-a-dog.... oh how I loved that gift... you have always wanted to hammer the English language back to its proper form ;)