Scent of Water Photo Swap 2, originally uploaded by Providence Handmade.
Friday heralded two pieces of mail that made my freakin' day. One was a Valentine from my gramma with a five dollar bill taped inside. I LOVE my gramma's annual five-dollar valentine. It's a recent upgrade from the dollar-bill valentine that I got all the way through college. Apparently she's taken into account San Francisco's cost of living. And even BETTER than the bill I instantly and excitedly pulled off the card? The note underneath: "love you the most." There you have it, folks. A truth I've suspected my entire life, in writing: I am my grandmother's favorite. I felt like sending a mass email to my entire family: "I'M THE FAVORITE, JUST SO YOU KNOW." But then I opted to post it on the world wide web, instead. You know, keepin' it discreet as a good Gramma's Favorite would do. I think I also need to make a t-shirt so that people know how to treat me. And a coffee mug. I definitely need a 'Gramma's Favorite' coffee mug...
The second item of KICK *SS MAIL were two photos from a complete stranger who I now want to be my very best friend (Deee, you will LOVE her). This stranger got my mailing address because we were both participants of a photo swap (theme: 'simplicity'). And I am SO GLAD Stephanie (you like how I just dropped her name all casual-like, like we're best friends? Just tryin' it on, rollin' it around...) got my name, because I was more than a little worried that a bad photographer would get my name and I would receive a picture of someone's heel or dog or desk at work.
But I got these! And I'm not gonna lie: I am the luckiest girl in the WORLD. And you know what else is super sweet? In her accompanying card, she writes that she hopes they aren't smudged because her little guy touched them. And dangit, I LOVE IT THAT HER LITTLE GUY TOUCHED THEM. They weren't smudged in the slightest, but even if they were, knowing that somewhere across America there was a picture drying for me and someone's little person decided to grab it, well SHOOT. It's like icing on the cake. A total baby benediction.
So now I'm totally blog-stalking her, right, as one does when they're in love, and seriously? THE WOMAN IS RIDICULOUSLY TALENTED. She's made pillows for her couch and a custom suitcase for her little girl and oh? you want a shirt with a birdy on it? let me applique you one! and then there are the cookies and the photos (OH THE PHOTOS!) and my head is going to explode with adoration for this woman. How can ANYbody do all this?! And with children?!
I wonder if she would make me a 'Gramma's Favorite' apron or picture frame...


2 comments:
You are so SWEET!! I am thrilled that you like the pictures - so, so happy!! Your kind words just made my week. :) :)
Holy Moly… can Stephanie adopt me? Her stuff is AMAZING! And I’m not kidding! Seriously does she give lessons? How much for that suitcase???? I want that suit case!!!!! I’m officially hiring her to decorate my kids’ rooms once I have some of course. I’m talking bed spread, rug, photo shelves, AND their clothing!!! That woman has some serious talent. AND she makes crayon cookies!
Post a Comment