I think I have heard this statement at least three hundred billion times since arriving in Tahoe on Thursday for the company ski trip. And it makes me laugh, because it doesn't matter WHERE you are, you will hear this utterance. I have friends scattered across the north and I hear them say such things frequently: "It took me an hour to get home because of the snowstorm. Nobody knows how to drive in the snow!" And what I want to know is this: if people in MONTANA don't know how to drive in the snow, who DOES? I mean, is there any place in U.S. where someone will say, "Look at that agility! Did you see the way that driver took that icy curve?? Such precision! Great handling! Now THAT is how it should be done." If there is, I want to know. Instead, if a driver is too slow, he is inexperienced. If he is too fast, he is inexperienced. It is as though the person who is complaining is the Only Person in the World who knows how to do it properly, and so they lecture to no one: "You're not supposed to use your brakes in these conditions! Don't people KNOW this?? He's supposed to...!"
My only conclusion is this: mankind is doomed behind the wheel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As someone who learned how to drive in a rear-wheeled, LTD Crown Victoria in Chicago during January snow storms, I agree... but I really am THE ONLY person who knows how to drive in the snow:)
(did I prove your point?)
I AM the only person in the world who knows how to drive in the snow.
And my father, of course. He's the one who taught me.
Doesn't everyone know that?
HAHAHAHA, I wrote that before I read Sideshow's comment.
See? it's true.
Post a Comment