So this is funny: my friend Brian has been reading Dinana's blog about the master cleanse (unbeknownst to myself) and today at his Superbowl party brought it up. He's interested in doing it! And the funny thing is, if you READ her description of the cleanse, you'd see a WHOLE lot of sh*t-smearing and anus tattering and lemonade poos and not a whole lot of warm fuzzies. But yes--because we are masochistic, this appeals to us. WE MUST ABUSE OUR BODIES FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
Meanwhile the entire room gets involved in the discussion ("I've heard good things about it!" "Oh really? I've heard it wasn't so great!" "Hey, someone google to find out if anyone's died from it!" "Is it okay if you eat an apple? Just, like, one? I mean, I hike for a living!" "Man, I get CRABBY when I don't eat!") and next thing you know, four of us are semi- seriously- maybe- not- seriously- at- all contemplating giving it a whirl together. Three out of four of us have blogs, so maybe we could document our adventure together here. Or, depending on our level of comfort in discussing our poo's on the worldwide web, maybe not. Deee says we should combine this detox-fast with a prayer-fast and kill two birds with one stone. I mean, why not, right? And discussion is on!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
The Master Cleanse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I read this blog and now I have to poo. Seriously. the cleanse has completely rewired my brain... it's like my eyes and mouth have both been freakishly attached to my intestine.
Blogging it makes it alot more fun.. it gives you something to think about besides eating. By the way, if you all do it.. I'll at least start the first three days with you... it can be like holding hands across America. I wish I had : 1) weighed on the first day, and 2)measured my waist, hips, and chest first.
OH MY GOD - thank you for the blog link. You know I love the detox/poo talk. Maybe I'll join you!
I'm scared. I need to know more. Do we have to do 10 days? Is there an informational website? Also: What, really, is the point? To lose weight? To get rid of toxins? What if I don't want to lose weight? Can I take vitamins? Is this a cheap colonoscopy? I'm confused. Why did I say I might try this?
people are liable to say anything when they have a budweiser in their hand
i busted a gut just now reading about diana's "poo-centered existence". for those needing further research, i found the original book that Grandpa MasterCleanse wrote: http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf
is there any way we can work chorizo into the formula and confuse our bowels even more?
Post a Comment