Sunday, August 26, 2007

French Pedicure

The other day at the wine bar, I made the mistake of telling Alison McChutney and Wendy that I like French pedicures (“They’re so CLEAN and PURE looking! Very natural!”) and they both exclaim ‘No way! They’re TERRIBLE!’ Turns out French pedicures weird Wendy out because she thinks it makes toes look like fingers, and Alison pointed out that having a fine white line at the end of the toenail makes them look WAY too long. Then, to further deter me, she gets hilariously disgusting: “Only DEAD people would have long toenails! Do you want to have toes that make your feet look dead?? Do you??”

So yesterday I went to get my first pedicure in a year, and was torn: do I or don't I get the french? On one hand, I've definitely been deterred by the two very passionate opinions of two highly humorous ladies, and could see how the style is a bit unnatural. On the other hand, however, I would LOVE to make them squeal in horror at the site of my feet tomorrow. So I vacillated back and forth 'dead finger toes/freak out my friends/pretty dainty pink...or freak out my friends.' Ultimately my desire to horrify those closest to me won.

And here are my pretty dead finger toes.





No comments: