Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Death by Nog

I passed an ad today that said, "Pass the Nog! Spread Holiday Cheer!" and there's an illustration of a generous hand reaching out a car window holding out a coffee cup to a joyful pedestrian. And I couldn't help but think that this ad must've been made in, say, Idaho, because nobody here would EVER think it was a good idea to start taking mysterious cups of good cheer from perfect strangers. I know if someone handed ME a cup of eggnog from their car window, I'd most likely turn tail and run, just in case they were about to offer me a scone, too. I could just see the headlines now: "Girl Drinks Stranger's Nog, Dies." It'd be one of those articles that people forward around, prefacing it with, "What an idiot! Why in the WORLD would you drink from a cup handed to you by a stranger? Who DOES that? Yeah, she had it comin' to her...Darwinism at its finest."

3 comments:

Caroll Moya said...

Ummmm... scones...

deee said...

kinda like that homeless guy on the train that wanted to share his 'oatmeal to go' packet with you...

Womack said...

You crack me up! It's very likely that the ad could have come from Arkansas...and I can say that since I grew up there!