Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm a Marimekk-ho

I've done it: after years of lusting, I got my first Marimekko--in the form of sage green Samovaari bedding. When I saw it on sale, I almost wet myself with joy and I definitely ripped off all my clothes right there in the shop and rolled around in the king-sized shams. Once the security guards informed me that I would now have to buy everything I touched, I hastily gathered up all of my things, new linens included, and sprinted home to try rolling in it in the Cloud, instead.

I have to tell you, it's everything I've ever dreamed of. My dreams were samovaari-studded skips through forest floors and green pastures, as daisies floated through the rosy air and music intertwined in my now-flowing locks. Every roll in my sleep led to the twittering of birds, a bursting of dandelions, and the liquid warmth of the sun pouring over my incredibly lithe dream-body.

Or that could've been the pot I smoked before bed. But oh how sweet this bedding is...


5 comments:

Larissa said...

hey, i love you called yourself a "ho" at the end of marimekk...i actually looked that up and the pattern of your new purchase before i scrolled down to see you'd included a picture of said purchase. beautiful and i can see how it would make excellent rolling ground for anyone clothed or not. enjoy.

Anonymous said...

beeeyooooootifull!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your new labels..AND that you have TWENTY ONE posts labeled "I have special needs"

woah.

Anonymous said...

S: hey there - if you love marimekko you'll love lotta jansdotter! she used to be located on post street but has since moved to new york - check out her website...

deee said...

I can't believe that the cloud just got better! Sleepover!!!!