Alison McChutney, my favorite Scottish Chutney-Maker, told me last night that she thinks she’s having other people’s dreams. She describes her daily life: “I make chutney. I take care of my husband. That’s all I do. Nothing in these dreams is anything I know.” She spends her dreamlife singing unfamiliar songs with unfamiliar groups of people. She tells these people in the dreams, “I’m not supposed to be here. This is someone else’s dream. There must be some mistake.” They nod at her, and keep singing.
This concerns her greatly. Who is having her dreams if she is having theirs?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh no and you identified me too.....at least you didn't tell about the dream in the rice paddies....
hey rona, is this person a woman in her 40's perhaps late or early 50's? living downtown somewhere, speaks with a glasgow accent sort or 5'4" or so and has a really good sense of humor? would she perhaps hang out at a bar on Bush near Taylor called the Bacchus Kirk? i ask these random questions because i have some chutney in my pantry back in sf from a gal (whom i've just described) that i met at that bar in 2004. i thought she was great but i doubt if she would remember me. i'm curious if it's not the same woman then there are two scottish chutney makin' gals running around in sf. guess that's possible. thanks for emailing me about my blog. larissa
Post a Comment