Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No One Will Know...

I don't keep a journal. But I do keep little moleskin notebooks in which I jot down things I don't want to forget--epiphanies, overheard conversations, to-do lists, miscellaneous observations, wines I like, books I want to read, etc.--and my notes are all over the place, in the front of the book, in the back, in the middle--no method to the madness. This keeps it non-commital, which I need. I discussed this with Sunny and she apparently is even nuttier than I am: "I leave one blank page then write on the next page. In case someone picks up my notebook to READ MY SECRET THOUGHTS. This way, they'll be fooled into thinking it's a blank notebook."

Now I've just spilled her secret. The key to unlocking her diary, people, is to TRY PAGE TWO.

2 comments:

Ohmygoshko.com said...

I wanna say, "That's kind of F'd up." But then your friend will read this and hate me...oh shoot! Well, there goes my stealth mode. Gotta love the moleskins. Although, I prefer napkins and used condom wrappers.

Anonymous said...

thanks for making fun of my quirky self!

:) in my defense - such as it is - I figure if someone is looking through my stuff (I have some nosy nieces & nephews), and they pick up a random notebook, they'll pick it up, look inside the cover, see a blank page or two, and figure there's nothing there to see.

obviously look a bit further and there are my lists of groceries, budget items, people I like, people who make fun of me, and the like.

the more personal journal (diary, I suppose) is not in any old spiral but in an italian journal that starts right on Page 1. deep, dark secrets - if I had any.

I don't hate you, sideshow, but I will visit your blog now :)