Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Michael J. Stud

One of my closest girlfriends has recently revealed a lifelong crush on Michael J. Fox. As a teen, she had close to 80 posters of him wallpapering her bedroom and never missed taping a single moment that he might have been on tv, from a 30-second appearance on an awards show to 12 minutes talking to Regis. To this day, these momentos of her youthful passion are ‘in storage,’ although I suspect this storage to be a little more accessible than she’ll admit. She can probably make mad bank by selling her archive in its entirety, but asking a girl to e-bay her first love is akin to asking her if I can have one of her twins. So instead perhaps I’ll ask her to will me her archive, and then I’ll sell it for mad bank.


The subject of Michael J.
Foxy-pants came up when she was relating a dream she had recently in which she saved his life and he proposed to her. According to her, they were actually filming a show or movie while in the dream, so she knew the proposal was coming up in the script. As well as—pulse flutter here—a kiss. That’s right. They were gonna get it ON. That’s my girl.

The picture above she had over her childhood bed. I spent my entire lunch break (because that's the only time I work on my blog) looking for this photo that she described to me in detail last night: “He was wearing this white sweater...and then he had this blue collar above the sweater...like the color of his eyes...” and she trails off sighing, gazing off into space, no doubt regressing back to her blissed-out 15 year old self before I a-hemed her back to the future. (So to speak.)

She then of course tried to save face with, "But I'm over him now. That was just a high school--and maybe a little bit of college--phase." "But didn't you just dream about him a couple weeks ago?" "Well...you know...that was different."

Riiiight.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh...ooh..I wanna play.

here's who I drooled over for years (and may have TIVO'd a reality show one of them recently did).

Scott Baio
Matthew Laborteaux
John Stamos

uh..any other brunette actors from the eighties?

Gina said...

LOL! I had a poster of David Lee Roth (Van Halen) above my bed at 13, but I never dreamed about him.