Lately I have been finding myself rather flippantly applying labels to postings. Basically, I discovered the wonders of labeling, and just went BUCK WILD. This is actually how I approach most of life, but it inevitably gets a little messy, and here is no exception. I also found that I tend to tell stories about the same people over and over and over again, and I wanted a way to direct you to a collection of postings about that one person.
So here's what I did:
I removed and consolidated the more vague labels: 'pictures not of people,' 'something's in the air,' etc. All of the postings that fell under those headings could easily fit into others.
I added more specialized labels called "Why I Love My Friends: (name) Edition." (I wish there was a way blogspot could tier this bad boy as right now it's a long-ass list which sort of defeats the purpose of consolidating labels to SHORTEN my list, but whatevs, we all know how useful a wish is, thank you, Grampa, for chuckled cliches.) The idea behind the Editions (other than acting as a tool for Leslie to compare her posting number to Xandra's) is to help ME when telling a story. For example, say Deee does something hilarious at the Farmer's Market on Saturday (nigh-inevitable), and I want to post it on Monday. Now when I tell this story, I can hyperlink "Why I Love My Friends: Deee Edition," and then you will know exactly who I'm talking about without a lot of backstory! Isn't this handy? Think of them as mini-memoirs. Or as super-long character descriptions.
Hopefully this new system will work for now--if it gets too convoluted or too long or if I start becoming conscious of numbers or all sorts of other potential hazards, I will re-think, re-form, re-format. Or maybe I'll just sit around, waiting for google to create a better filing system.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah, damn! Now I'm going to have to start writing extra just so I can have the highest count! I'm not above that...
yes! tied for first!
i mean second ... pbbbbbst!
Post a Comment