Friday, January 18, 2008

One Minor Clause About Alphabet Soup

My family is very dry. Very, very dry. As in, "I went inside a bar once. I felt dirty and left immediately and the experience has haunted me ever since. I know Jesus has forgiven me, but I just feel so TAINTED."

That said, putting my favorite drink in the book (Extra Dry Ketel One Martini, two olives) would be grounds for the book's burning at some sort of church festival.

PeyPey will have to learn about my wine-whoredom when she runs away from home at fifteen into my loving, cocktail-tray-laden arms. I'll give her her first sip of wine AND a piercing on Haight Street before I pack her back home. I promised the same treat to Hunter with a whisper in her ear when she was 10 months old. (Don't tell my sister!)

1 comment:

Ohmygoshko.com said...

Does that mean my suggestion is out?