Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Final List for Alphabet Soup!

I'm just going to say it: You. guys. are. AMAZING. The final list is below! I'm still debating on making "Q" Queen, Drag, because I THINK my sister would get a kick out of it. But every once and a while she decides to fancy herself a Responsible Adult and I don't know what her mood is today. But for now Quirky opens a TON of doors and heck KNOWS Peypey's not going to hear vocabulary like that in her family. Unless she grows up like me, and that's how her parents choose to describe her to strangers. "She's...quirky." Not that it bothered me: I'd just kick them in the shins and run. No, wait, that was what I FANTASIZED doing. Instead I'd giggle at the THOUGHT of kicking them, turning myself into that strange child who erupts into spontaneous, unrelated bouts of laughter at inappropriate times. "Yes...quirky," they'd reply.

That trip down baggage lane out of the way, take a look at where we're at! I will post the Letter Photos as I go, complete with the captions I will be using in the book itself. The postings won't fall in alpha-order, however. For example, the Sunset shot and the Ocean shot may happen on the same day, as would the Farmer's Market and Embarcadero photos.

I'm really excited about this photo project--it's going to make every weekend an adventure with a mission to be accomplished. I can't remember the last time I went to Lombard Street, or City Lights, or Chrissy Field. And really, this city is way too great not to explore over and over again.

A: Auntie Rona
B: Bocce Ball
C: City Lights
D: Deee
E: Embarcadero
F: Farmer's Market
G: Golden Gate Bridge
H: Home
I: Indian Pizza
J: Japantown
K: Kites on Marina Green
L: Lombard Street
M: My 'hood
N: Naan N' Curry
O: Ocean
P: Pad Thai
Q: Quirky
R: Reading
S: Sunset
T: Trolley Car
U: Umbrella (I'm justifying this oh-so-common 'U' word because of SF's rainy season. Forgive me for my lack of imagination.)
V: View (of Church next to Gay and Lesbian Center)
W: Wind-Up Birds
X: A strike in ultimate virtual bowling at the metreon
Y: You (I’m thinking a tiny plastic mirror here, as I won’t be able to take her photo for another six months)
Z: Zoo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U for ukelele.