So for the first time last night I went through my Spain photos. It was a brief skim, really, as I was searching specifically for five. Why five, you ask? WELL, I answer, that will take a REALLY LONG TIME TO EXPLAIN. But let’s try this: because I am both a genius and an attention-whore, I came up with the idea of setting up a photo gallery at our work, composed of photos taken by our more artistically-minded coworkers and set up in the back conference room, which currently resembles Cell Block D in its infinite barrenness. My company is home to a handful of photographers who are actually VERY kick-*ss, and we’ve formed an informal club that goes out once every couple of months to unique locations to shoot. And we've had no real suitable showcase for what we've been doing. Until now, the start of the Company MoMa (CoMoMa). Tonight is Vote Night, where we will determine which of our photos are gallery-worthy. We each have to bring five of our favorite photos from the past year, and we each get one that will be displayed. This one will be picked by popular vote. So I had to go through my gargantuan photo stash last night and pick out five that didn’t make me want to slit my wrists. I decided to pick from the Spain trip, and WHOA. I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT HALF OF MY TRIP. I found all SORTS of gems in there! I found a picture of my madrid policefriends cuffing me as a joke (black gloves and all! crazy buggers), pictures of cathedrals and cathedrals and plazas during the day and plazas at night and plazas at sunrise and plazas at sunset and clubs clubs bars and clubs and GOOD HEAVENS SO MANY DRUNK FUNNY COPS. AND SO MANY PLAZAS.
Until my next photo project is launched, I’m going to post Pictures from Spain. And you’re gonna LIKE them. Introducing Day 1: "Apparently 'Click' in Spanish is 'Click.' At Least in Bar Bathrooms."

1 comment:
I can't wait! I've been wanting to see these! Post! Post!
Post a Comment