Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Someone Stole My Fat

So today I go to a Happy New Year brunch in 'minoe' (mission + noe, pronounced 'mah-no-ee', and a new term T and I are trying to get to take off), and the gal hostess was making this KICK ARSE bacon by rubbing brown sugar and cayenne over each individual slice and then BAKING the pieces (no bacon press needed!) and OH. MY. GOSH. it was like candied pork and I almost freaking crawled on her I was so happy and ANYWAY she bequeathed me a mason jar full of the seasoned bacon fat and I ALMOST DIED OF HAPPINESS at the opportunity to cook with this stuff because MY jar of bacon fat is just PLAIN OLD BACON FAT, not this lovely spicy-sweet bacon fat, but then like the IDIOT I am, I left it in Az's car, who found it and wonderfully left it on my stoop and CAN YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE STOLE IT?! Someone took a mason jar wrapped inside of a ziploc bag, rubberbanded, and FULL OF BACON FAT. Unbelievable. And yet...welcome to the projects.

No comments: