When I woke up two blocks from my house, the guy next to me on the bus remarked, “You got a good nap!” I never know how to respond to these ‘compliments’ from my bus-mates other than a tentative “Thank you?” as I wipe off my drool and start digging for my keys.
I got off at the next stop and within half a block I heard his voice behind me, “Hey, do you live around here?” “I do.” “Have you tried that new cafe on Turk?” New. Cafe. New. Coffee. NEW COFFEE! That’s it! The note on my hand was a reminder to try the new cafe near my apartment! It was like a heavenly chorus sang.
I immediately raced home for my camera and my Calvin & Hobbes and headed over. And the cafe—Apollo Coffee—was lovely and charming. Plus the owner gave me cheese, which is easily the quickest way to my heart. Immediately the other lounging locals struck up a conversation—one was a professional photographer who specializes in PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE who I am going to stalk until he takes me on as an apprentice, and another fellow admin assistant who is going to email me a comic strip today that promises to change the way I wile away my work hours. I mean, my lunch hours.
New Coffee at Turk and Divis. DO IT.
2 comments:
You'll have to publish a photo when you return.
I was going to suggest New Cafe, but I didn't think you would cheat on Blue Bottle!
Post a Comment