Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Bell

We have two traditions here in the Estimating Department of my construction company (other than picking our subs based on The Claw): The Bell. One ring of the bell means Someone Has Brought Pie, and two rings means We've Won a Job. Now you would THINK two rings is just about the most exciting sound in the world. But really? You should hear the ruckus for one. The pranksters of our company like to ring it on occasion just to hear the chorus of "Pie?" "Pie?" "Pie?" that reverberates around the cubes.

2 comments:

Caroll Moya said...

You better call me next time the bell is legitimately rang once!!! Why don’t we get pie onsite???

Gina said...

LOL! More and more I think I must move and work for your company! I love the whole idea of ringing a bell as a form of communication, although it's really stripped down to two important factors at your company.