So get THIS: Leslie is only, like, THE greatest comedienne and writer in NYC right now, and last weekend rocked the Manhatten Monologue Slam, where she won FIRST PLACE, and beat out a TWO TIME NATIONAL CHAMP because THAT’S HOW AWESOME SHE IS, and on top of all this kick-arsing wonder, you know what ELSE she did? She used MY name, Sharona, for the chick-tagonist. I'm so freaking HONORED by this, this idea that there was an audience of people in Manhatten laughing at the ludicrousness of a character cursed with hearing a song at every introduction. This particular character bore no other similarity to me other than a shared name, but STILL! I’m so famous I’m so famous I’m so famous! She’s going to email me the link of the sketch as soon as she gets it, and you are DEFINITELY GOING TO SEE IT POSTED HERE. And then you must admire the mad usefulness of my name as a humor device. Because it's really not good for anything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Once my muse, always my muse:)
Post a Comment