At any rate, as I'm shooting the photos, there's a familiar face from the old days! A guy who has worked at City Lights for upwards of two decades and has been warming a stool at Vesuvio's just as long. It was like being reunited with an old friend you missed but didn't know you missed until you saw them again. He let me photograph him, which I will post here as soon as my internet connection at home comes back to life. I'm on the verge of trying animal sacrifice if it will make the Free Wireless Gods happy.
And so I ended up having a beer (or two) at Vesuvio's again, just like old times. Deee and Brian came down from their Home on the Hill nearby and joined in the festivities, where Deee and I ended up scrawling sketches on napkins of the ABC book and Brian ended up in a discussion with the Bartender and the Locals about Brian Wilson and some Dennis guy, all of them getting fired up talking about albums and releases and rock documentaries. It was a fabulous meeting of worlds and times, and one more reminder of why I love San Francisco.
The following pictures of Deee and Brian were taken at the House on the Hill. Please note the fabulous wallpaper that Deee and I put up about a year ago, ALL BY OURSELVES. Deee knew how to do it like a pro because she had a Home Depot How-To book.

This is Brian the bass-playing-lawyer-rock-critic who currently has a bartender at Vesuvio's in love with him:
5 comments:
LOVE the wallpaper... enjoy exerting your femininity like that.. Peter would stark squawking like a ready teapot if he saw that super-cute Anthropologie-esque wallpaper. BUT seriously.. I'm really really impressed that ya'll put it up yourselves... I've heard horror stories about wallpaper... but if anyone could do it, it would be you and Deee (I have ultimate faith in your ability to choose a partner in crime). OOOHHHHH i'm having another Sharona pain... and Elek just shit himself. MOTHER F*CK! I shall return. But seriously. And then I'm going to get beautiful and take pictures of myself thinking of you.
oh and p.s. Elek has started trying to lean in for the open mouth kiss again. I then back up and show him how you pucker up and you need the "mwah" sound that a CLOSED mouth brings. Then he starts clicking his tongue like an African, and we're back at square one.
Hi, I am the Italian Visitor... Do you remember? I have something to say about the first photo. I've noticed something familiar about it. It reminds me some indie-pop artists' photos. They always have a vintage look, a vintage set and a vintage sound, musically. Can you tell me - as an artist, as a photographer, as a young american girl - WHY does it happens?
Gioacchino
I wish we could wallpaper your place, rona, that was so fun. I don't think my place can take any more wallpaper...
i am in L.O.V.E. with that wallpaper. great job, might i add. who knew wallpaper would make a comeback!? if only i was fabulous enough to boldly put up some fabuloscity like that. yes. fabuloscity. love it.
Post a Comment