Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Arrived in a Care Package


Friday at work, I received an extra large, padded envelope in the mail. Few things in life please me more than extra large, padded envelopes in the mail. My heart skipped a beat, and I found myself stalling as I looked for my scissors, lengthening the anticipation. And what precious treasure has arrived from the tundra of Wisconsin, land of Lea Lea? A GLITTERY PINK CHRISTMAS TREE AND GLITTERY GLASS ORNAMENTS. And lest I forget, a great calendar and lip gloss flavored like peanut butter. It was, hands down, one of the best care packages I have ever received. And this includes the wonder years of college, where I got none.

I immediately assembled my little tree, a coworker helping me tenderly and meticulously place my glass stars. Within a minute, every item on my desk was covered in glitter, which made my day infinitely better.



This is my fabulous tree that everyone says is 'so me.'
My new calendar is hung, and my chapstick has been eaten.

LET THE SEASON BEGIN.

1 comment:

Ohmygoshko.com said...

Hell ya for xmas care packages! Your tree makes me happy:)