Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Day 24: the Landlord

Meet Timothy. My roommate and I love him because he is the most proper man you've ever met. Timid and old-fashioned, he answers his phone by giving his full name: "This is Timothy X." "Yes, HI, Timothy X. We're having a problem with our ceiling? Namely, it's falling down." "Oh, dear! I will have a painter come and take a look at that right away." "The painter?" "Yes, he'll paint right OVER it, good as new." I caught him this day vacuuming and performing last-minute touches on the newly rented apartment across the hall. It's apparently going to a charming couple that we're really going to like, from out of town. I can't wait to call on them for tea armed with a tray of freshly-baked pastries, just to see how they react: "Welcome to San Francisco! Would you care for a crumpet? How about a scone? Devonshire cream for the missus? Oh, no worries, Cook baked these up."

1 comment:

Brian Triplett said...

easily the best PoD thus far. and you know i'm not one to blow smoke.