Saturday was my first 'attack a stranger' day of my Portrait of the Day series. So far I've been lucky enough to nail a friend or sister-of-a-friend or brother-of-a-friend or that-guy-who-let's-me-rent-movies. Until Saturday, when--for the first time--I approached a perfect stranger and asked to photograph their child. He was, hands-down, the most beautiful little 2 and a half year old a girl wielding a camera could ever hope to meet. His family was a great sport as I monopolized a solid fifteen minutes of their day, chatting up their little tike as I took the photos. He was ridiculously expressive for his age, and is already using the world 'similar.' That just slays me. He actually said, when passing a McDonald's, that it was 'similar to Old McDonald.' That sort of synaptic connection, combined with the verbiage to express it...and in someone so YOUNG! Man, it still blows my mind.
I wide-angled most of the shoot, leading to this kick *ss perspective of a tiny little person looking larger than life. I just emailed the web album to his father and asked for permission to post his son here--fingers crossed he says yes, because it'd kill me if you couldn't see this kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't handle the suspense....
wait for it.........
Post a Comment