Thursday, December 13, 2007

Why Dinosaurs Are Important

"You know, you take a job to make a living and also to do your duty. But a person should be more than just his trade. A job isn't everything, nor does it last forever. Human beings should be the masters of the world and their work, and above all, masters of knowledge. Suppose both of us are umbrella repairers, and we each earn eighteen yuan a month. But then if you know about dinosaurs whereas I don't, you're better off and richer than I am." --Wang Meng

1 comment:

LatinaDiana said...

This, Roni, now this is perspective. But GOD I would hate to repair umbrellas. Hmmm... unless they were cocktail umbrellas... in which case I'm sure i would make WAY more than 18 yuan a month.

p.s. My child sounds like a raptor at times. (And he can almost open doors.)

p.p.s. That raptor sound makes the "most annoying sound in the world" from Dumb and Dumber sound like the freaking Hallelujah Chorus. I could lift a bus and throw it twenty feet if it would mean the raptor sound would stop. And that doesn't mean I would want the bus to LAND on my child... just for him to be shocked enough to stop.